Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It was only a matter of time....

...before I'd have to take Caleb in for stitches or a broken bone. Well, today he was playing in the backyard and he ran into the bottom of the slide and cut the top of his head. I heard him crying so I went to the door and he was running up with the hood of his coat on and I said, "What's wrong buddy?" and he looked up and had blood just dripping off his head. It was dripping on the ground. At first he didn't realize he was bleeding, but then he saw the floor and kept asking "What's that?".
I am pretty proud of myself for staying calm. I wasn't really calm on the inside, but Caleb didn't know. I reminded myself before I got it cleaned up enough to see the cut, that I heard that head injuries bleed a lot and so it probably wasn't as bad as it seemed.
I took him to the doctor (thankfully they have after hours doctors there, so no emergency room!) and he got 3 staples. It looks kind of funny because it isn't covered, so you can totally see the shiny staples on the top of his head. He was a tough kid.

notice the streak of blood going toward his face!

I had a hard time getting a good one of the staples (my battery on the camera is about dead!)

But here are the after shots with the 3 staples!



3 comments:

April said...

Holy Cow... he is tuff, and so are you. I am proud of you for remaining strong. Blood always sends me in a frenzy.

Lindsay said...

That is so funny...Carter cut open his head the day after Caleb! Blood was all over, too! Norm didn't think that stitches were necessary. I could not imagine how they would have to tackle Carter. It probably would require anesthesia!

Bob said...

AWESOME!!!! Tough dude, Start those war wounds early! Chicks digg scars....

I dislocated my pinkie a few months back about 75ft off the deck pulling the rope up to clip into the next anchor and I lost my hold, fell 20ft and my finger got caught in the rope and popped out of the socket when the rope pulled tight....no biggie. the Doc said is would be fine in a few weeks....and he was right...thats a first.

As soon as they are old enough, I wanna take Caleb, Mason, and Carter climbing, I bet they would love it. Carter probably wont want to come since he is afraid of dirt....funny kid, that will change in time im sure.

-Phillip