Monday, April 28, 2008

DAY 6!!

So here we are....day 6 of trying to get Caleb potty trained! Any progress yet?? Um...not really! On Saturday morning he did run to me, holding himself and saying, "Mommy, please help me!" I was so excited so I half way lifted him up to help him run faster to the bathroom, and just as we were about to go in, he fell and bonked on the door and of course started crying and got all upset. I still stood him in front of the toilet and there was a tiny drip, but he just couldn't get the rest out. I called Jeff to try to help him, but he was at a golf tournament. So I called my parents and my dad tried to help him, but nothing worked. So I was excited and told him how proud I am of him, but since then....NOTHING! Thanks to Lindsay's comment, I'm going to start making him clean it up himself today...he already has once. He kept saying, "I like cleaning up my toys, but not potty." Really? You like cleaning up your toys? I couldn't tell!

Anyway, I'm determined to potty train him. I told him we won't buy diapers anymore, so I can't do that. However, I didn't say I wouldn't buy pull-ups so occasionally I'm tempted to do that. But then I remind myself that it's NEVER going to happen if we don't be persistent.

My patience are getting SOOOO thin.....actually they're already gone!!!!

3 comments:

Monica Mary said...

Bare bum works best till they get it I think...

Stefany said...

I know, I just feel like he's too old to be runing around naked. I tried that for a while one day and he hated being naked.

April said...

Yikes... I feel your pain. I have no advice becuase I usually watch what you do in all these situations... You're always one step ahead.

You could do the intense one day thing... get the kids out of the house for the WHOLE day. Then get a ton of diffent liquids, juices, and give him that all day. Set the time to take him to the bathroom every 20 min. It is a very intense day but I heard that it really works.