Monday, February 2, 2009

We've had a busy week..

Especially this little girl...

In the past 8 days, Claire has..

1. Learned to climb stairs

2. Learned to pull herself up to standing

3. Gotten THREE new teeth. The top middle one on the left on last Saturday. Then the side one next to that on this past Friday, then the other middle top one on Saturday (the day before yesterday!


It's crazy how much she's changing and so fast!



Then...


Thanks to Lindsey and Josh for the tickets to the Jazz game for Christmas, we got to go there on Friday night. We decided to make a little mini-vacation out of it. So I got on Priceline and got a room at the Hilton Salt Lake City (4 star nice hotel) for $50!! What a deal! And we could park there and walk to the game!


We surprised the kids. We told them we were going upstairs after the game just to look around. Then I said, "Daddy, why don't you see if your credit card will open that door." Chloe was funny saying, "No, we don't want to disturb anybody." They were pretty excited when they found out we were staying there!



I think their favorite part was swimming....especially our little fish named Chloe!

They called swimming surprise number 2.








Claire and I hung out on the poolside chairs!


In the hotel room. It was a pretty good view. You could see the Salt Lake Temple though a couple buildings!


Then for surprise number 3 we took them to the Gateway and went to the Dicovery Children's Museum. We were there for hours and they had a blast!!


Chloe dressed up like a police woman driving her police car!

At the Market! Chloe had SO much fun checking people out. The store had lots of different fake food and little baskets for the kids to shop with!


Chloe doing the news!

Chloe and Caleb doing the weather report. It was neat because there was a flat screen tv where they could see themselves and a computer that you could change the background with!

I turned around for maybe 30 seconds, then back and Caleb was already at the top of the rock wall!
For surprise number 4 we went to the BYU basketball game (this one was more for Daddy then the kids). We had so much fun at the museum that we ended up getting to the game when there was only about 10 minutes left. After that we took the kids to get milkshakes!
Usually I'm the type that would rather just stay home then stay at a hotel and everything, so I debated suggesting it to Jeff when I thought of it, but I did and I'm so glad. We had so much fun and the kids LOVED it!

4 comments:

Allyson said...

What a fun weekend! I spent my entire weekend sick on the couch. The kids spent the night w/ Nida on Friday and Mom & Dad on Saturday, and I got absolutely nothing done with my free time. And I still feel like crap! I am jealous of your fun family weekend! :)

Anne-Marie said...

We love mini-trips! They come with much less financial guilt.

Funny, because I just wrote a post on the Friday Jazz game too.

Rocia said...

what awesome parents! you know they will be talking about that forever!

Mary said...

How fun!! I can't wait to live somewhere where there are things to do!! I was all excited reading your post, "surprise #1, #2, #3..." I kept thinking, "there's more"...AWESOME!! What a good mommy and daddy you are!!