Tuesday, February 3, 2009

BREAKTHROUGH!!



Caleb is finally eating things besides bananas, ramen noodles and cereal!!! He's eaten the bread in sacrament meeting for the last 3 weeks in a row (thanks in part to Mason, I think when they were here and Caleb saw him eat it, he did it too)....which is huge. I can't even remember the last time he did before that. For the last several days in a row he has had a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich...he would not even touch them before. Sometimes he would even complain of the smell when Chloe would eat one by him. Last night I made tacos for dinner and he ate TWO. He tried it and liked it and then even ate another... they were plain - just meat and tortilla, but for Caleb to eat meat is a big deal!




We've been playing up the whole "Your almost 5 now and 5 year olds like foods they didn't used to like!" and I think it's helping (his bday is on Sunday, so wierd that he'll be 5)!




It is SO nice. He's not perfect, we still have to fight him to try some things, but he is WAY more open to eating new foods now than he ever was before. It used to be that he'd rather just not eat than try something, or eat something he "thought" he didn't like! Hopefully he continues on this road!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm jealous. Maybe I'll use Caleb as my weaponry for Carter to try new foods. We have been telling Carter that we can't sign him up for kindergarten until he eats more foods. What a horrible mom I am...whatever it takes!

Mary said...

Ah, picky eaters!! Aren't they fun? Eli is becoming my worst one. Not to mention he just LOVES throwing food on the floor, for my reaction of course...he's usually still hungry!! However, all my kids eat PB&J....not sure what I'd do if they didn't. Congrats Caleb!! Keep up the good work. By the way, my little sister was a TERRIBLE eater (all she'd eat was chocolate milk, toast and spagetti noodles plain), so my mom told her doctor to tell her at her 5 year old well baby visit that she wasn't a picky eater anymore. Worked like a charm, she tried anything after that!!

Laura Keith said...

I feel your pain! I know exactly what you are going through! My oldest is the picky one and it rubs off unfortunately on the others. He's getting better (he's 9 now... it's about time) and so there is hope when you have little break throughs like this. Keep trying and offer him everything. You never know!