Monday, May 19, 2008

Saturday....

was a SUPER busy day! We started off going to Vivian Park to go fishing with Jeff's brothers Ryan and Devin. It's a neat place...its right off the river and it's just for kids and handicapped people to fish! Unfortunately we didn't catch anything, but the people right next to us caught 2 fish...whatever!

Chloe and Ryan
Uncle Devin and Caleb
Claire on her first fishing trip....lots of firsts this weekend for her!
Smiling Claire...with squinty eyes because of the bright sun!
Daddy and the kids!

Chloe catching butterflies. She is so funny. Whenever she sees a butterfly, she runs around with her arms open trying to catch it!
Caleb and Uncle Ryan
me and Jeff...notice the pretty mountain right behind the pond!


Caleb jumped in the car first when we were leaving the park and found a marker. I opened up the door and he said, "Ha ha ha!" He decided to draw a blue circle on his face. Right before this happened we noticed that we forgot baby wipes. We were going to TGIF to meet Jeff's mom and sis for his mom's birthday, so Caleb go to go in like this!



After lunch, we went shopping for a while! When we FINALLY got home around 7:00, I hurried and made a cake for Jeff's mom so they could come over for cake and ice cream. And to top off the busy day, right before they got there.....
She looks so sad in this picture

Chloe was running toward the window to watch for them and she tripped and fell and hit her face on the table. I was right there and I grabbed her and hugged her and said, "I know that hurts, let me see" expecting to see a big bump and bruise, but no....blood soaked completely through my shirt gushing out of a cut on her nose. There was seriously blood EVERYWHERE (worse than Caleb's) on me and her. It FINALLY stopped bleeding after what seemed like forever, and I knew immediately that she needed stitches. It was totally deep. This happened at about 8:30 and Jeff called and made an appt. for the after hours clinic at the doctor at 9:00......thank goodness they have after hours, it's a lot cheaper and we've used it twice. I had to give Chloe a bath before we left because she had blood all in her hair and body. We decided to sing and blow out candles before we left. So we were a little late to the doctor and ended up leaving there with 3 stitches and some glue to hold it together. I took Chloe to Walmart to "get something special for her" because she seriously was SO good...I was totally impressed. It told her why we were there and she said, "something special, like clothes?" She's getting so old. She picked out a dress and we went home to have some cake and ice cream...and she went to bed at almost midnight!

Kind of crazy that we made it almost 6 years with no stitches and now we had stitches and staples one month and 9 days apart!

I was nervous that she would end up with black eyes...and that she would have some funny looking pictures at her Kindergarten graduation on Thursday. But lucky for us...at least so far...she is just a little swollen. I took a picture this morning...I'll post it later! She gets her stitches out on Thursday.....hopefully we can make an appt. for before her graduation!

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

YOu guys are getting good at these doctor runs for stitches! Poor thing! We love Vivian Park too-it's so pretty up there.

Mary said...

Poor Chloe!! What a sad picture!! They are all so cute!! Well, you inspired me a couple weeks ago when you solidered through potty training with Caleb. We're training Cale starting today...wish me luck!! Keep the cute pictures coming!!