Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Day!

Today I completed my very first 10K (6.2 mile) race. I wouldn't necessarily call it a race for me, more of a goal to finish! My goal was to average 10 minute miles and I DID IT!!! My time was 1 hour 2 minutes and 57 seconds!!! I was pretty excited. I ran the entire time, walking only for a few seconds at the 2 drink stations while I got a cup of water. It felt really good to accomplish the goal! It's the longest distance I've ever run at one time! Here I am at the finish line..... You can probably tell by Chloe's hair that her Daddy got her ready today! (My friend picked me up at 5:45am to go the start of the race)


Another happy thing about today is that it is the 15 year anniversary of when I got baptized and became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints....appropriately on Pioneer Day!! That was the best decision I have ever made and has greatly influenced my life and helped mold me into the person that I am today!

Some pics at the Pioneer Day Parade....wasn't that nice of them to have a whole parade for me?



Caleb and Great Grandpa
Claire with Grandma


7 comments:

Monica Mary said...

What a great day for you. Congratulations on being a solid member and faithful daughter of God. You're awesome!

Allyson said...

You go girl! :) Awesome job on the run! You are so good when you commit to something. That's so cool!

Anne-Marie said...

Hooray for you, Stef! I love running and look forward to training for something after the baby.

April said...

Way to go! YOu are awesome!! That is so cool that you did that... you are so brave. I can't even get myself to do a 5k.

I loved your pictures from your Cali trip. Claire is just soooo cute! Congrats on you tickets. How cool that you won something off the radio. Way to go again! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Stef. What a great job. It would take me that long to run across the street, if I could run at all. You are the gratest. Love you bunches.

Grandma

Anonymous said...

Obviously I cannot spell. It should say "you are the greatest."

gma

Mary said...

GOOD FOR YOU!! You look great!! I love Chloe's hair!! That's how Addy's would look if her Daddy had to do it!! : )