Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Catching up

We had a super fun (and tiring) 4th of July weekend. I love when it's on a Friday and Jeff doesn't have to go to work the next day. Last weekend we went and say Glenn Beck at the Marriott Center. He's a great speaker. Also, Michael Ballam, an amazing musician was there as well. He played/sang some patriotic music. I'm so thankful for this country and that I am an american. It is such a great blessing. I love holidays like the 4th and Memorial Day to remember what a great opportunity it is to live here and to celebrate that! I've always loved our country but being married to Jeff has made me realize even more, you can't get too much more patriotic than he is.





Jeff's sister Melanie and her family were here. Chloe and Caleb loved playing with their cousins and had a great time. We left home early and went to the Freedom Festival parade. This year was really good (last year wasn't so great)!! Trying to put all the US presidents in order....I gave up after I got about 15 done. Jeff did really well on it though!

Caleb getting his groove on!

After the parade, everyone came over for a BBQ. We got the slip n slides out and had a great time!!

Kids...who knows what they're doing??




To finish off the night, we went to the Stadium of Fire to watch Miley Cyrus and the fireworks. We didn't actually pay to go inside, but we sat outside and had a perfect view of the big screen, so as far as Chloe's concerned, she went to a Miley Cyrus concert. It was fun, but I'm glad that I didn't pay to go in, since we didn't know any of the songs she sang. We had a lot of fun!!




Chloe posing with Miley on the screen behind her. The screen doesn't really show up but we could see it really well!
Claire on her first 4th of July!
The fireworks at the Stadium of Fire are always amazing!


1 comment:

Kari said...

Your kids are looking so old! And you look so beautiful! Your little girl is seriously so sweet:) She is such a doll! I'm sorry I haven't been blogging in forever. I feel so bad! Thanks for already visiting my updated site! I'll be better at keeping up with you, promise