Friday, March 7, 2008

Claire Jane

Here are some pictures of our new little Claire Jane! We finally decided on a name for her! Claire....because we like it (especially Jeff!) and Jane after my grandma (it's her middle name)!

She is such a sweet little thing. It is so fun to hold and snuggle a tiny little baby again...it's been a long time! The kids are really good with her. Chloe especially loves to hold her.

The labor with her was not too bad. I went to the hospital at about 5:45 am on Wednesday and she was born at 11:47. My contractions when I got there hurt, but were manageable. As they got more intense, I decided I remembered all the pain I went through with Chloe and Caleb without an epidural and wasn't too sure I wanted to do it again so I opted for the epidural. I got it I think about an hour before she was born. I was worried because it took a while to start working, but once it did it was so nice. The delivery was much more calm. Although, with the calmness I was able to think more about the fact that I was sitting there totally exposed with my mom and Jeff there...unfortunately that's the only way to do it! Everyone always says when you're pregnant, your modesty goes out the window and you don't care....well I still care!! :) And this time I could think about it! Luckily, she was out in two pushes....super fast!


She cried pretty quickly, which was a big relief because she was pretty blue. So they took her to the table and put some oxygen by her nose and rubbed her. I was kind of sad though because I didn't get to hold her for about 10 or 15 minutes....but she's healthy and that's what matters most!


She weighed 8 pounds even and is 19 inches long. At her doctor appointment today she weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces (which is what Chloe weighed when she was born). We're so happy that she's here and I'm so glad that my mom was able to be here to experience it with us! I really missed having the rest of my family here with us. That's hard for me. I wish we weren't so far away so that people could come visit and meet her when she's still tiny. It's not the same at all, but at least we have webcams and digital cameras so they can see her.



Right after she was born....









Later the day she was born. In the nursery, they gave her a bath and styled her hair with a cute little pink bow....
One day old.....

Today (two days old) She was awake for a while this morning. It's fun to see her eyes opened up.......


12 comments:

Kari said...

Yay Stef!!! She's a doll! Cute name, too. It's so crazy to think that here is the new little person. It's hard to believe that she's been around all of this time, but just in your stomach! Having a baby is the craziest thing. I'm so happy for you! Oh yeah, I totally hear you on the exposure thing with an epidural! Having Maxwell without one, was much less embarassing! Nice job, girl!

Allyson said...

Awwww, she's so cute! And check out the great big sister and big brother. You can tell she is loved! Hey-I think I gave her that cute pink and white outfit, right? :)

I so wish we were there, too!! It totally stinks that we can't see her as a teeny tiny couple-of-days old munchkin. But at least I'll see her as a teeny tiny 4 week old! Love you guys!

Rocia said...

hooray! i was soo excited to get your email. welcome to the world little claire...LOVE the name. she looks adorable like the rest and chloe looks so excited to have a little sister. congrats congrats!

Kimberli K said...

Yay! and CONGRATULATIONS...she is beautiful! Kimberli :)

Sara said...

She is so beautiful. I have to say I am a fan of her middle name ;) (Her first too, of course).

April said...

YEA!!!! Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys! She is soooo cute and I love the bow on her head. Those pictures are so cute! You look so good for just having a baby. I love that family pic... Caleb made me laugh! Chloe must be loving every minute of having Claire finally there!

Wish we were there to come and visit you all. We can't wait to meet her!

emily anderson said...

congrats chandlers!!
she is beautiful! love all the pictures...welcome to the wonderful world of 3 :)

can't wait to hear about and see more of claire!

hansen7coleader said...

Congrats! Claire is such a cutie, she fits right in! We are so excited for you guys and we can't wait to see her!

Anne-Marie said...

Congratulations Stefany! She is sooo beautiful! I can't believe how you've been blogging through all of this-You look so pretty post-delivery! Well, I am really happy for your family and wish you tons more happiness in the weeks to come.

Gleason Family said...

Congratulations Stefany! She is a beautiful baby!

Mary said...

Stefany!! I found your blog through April Blasers. Your fmaily is adorable!! Congrats...you haven't changed at all. I hope to hear from you soon!! Take care!!

Anonymous said...

She is a doll. I am agree with Sara I a fan of the middle name and her first name. Chloe and Caleb sure do love their baby sister. You and Jeff have good reason to be proud of your family. I love you and thanks for the honor of sharing Jane with Claire. Love, Gma