Monday, January 19, 2009

SURPRISE!!!

My birthday was on Friday and I got the best surprise present ever! Watch....



My mom, two of my sisters and their kids came! I was seriously shocked (which explains why I'm dressed like a total dirtball). It took me a second to comprehend when I opened the door, it was kind of a weird feeling! They drove all the way from Sacramento on Wed/Thursday and knocked on my door early afternoon on Thursday! I was so happy and excited that I cried...and I am so not a cryer (sp?)!! We had a really fun weekend and they just left this morning. :(

Luckily I had cleaned bathrooms that morning and vacuumed the night before so my house wasn't a totally disaster or something! It was crazy with all the kids running around, but I love that! My mom cooked YUMMY dinners for us, and went grocery shopping, and stopped at RC Willey on the way to my house and bought my kids new mattresses (they really needed them) and they were delivered that night!!



Thanks for coming and making my birthday the best guys!!! It was so fun! You are welcome to come "invade" my house ANYTIME!!!! (whether I know you're coming or not!) I haven't been surprised like that in a LONG time! I think the only surprise that could have been better was if you guys were the Publisher's Clearing House....oh well!! :)




We had a LOT of fun so there are a LOT of pictures! Chloe and Avery in their matching shades (thanks Grammy)




Making my tasty birthday cake!



The best part about helping...like mother like son!!!
My little decorators!


The final product...didn't they do an AWESOME job. Caleb made a "mountain" made of chocolate frosting on it, and if you look closely, Chloe wrote "let it snow" and Avery made some lovely pink dots and the credit for the beautiful decorative edges goes to Grammy!

We went to Red Robin for my birthday dinner at the mall. The wait was an hour long, so we walked around the mall with the kids and I led a game of Follow the Leader. This picture was after the game waiting for Grammy and Allyson to come out of Bath and Body Works!



Me and all my 29 candles
Ninnie (my sister Lindsey), Grammy and the kids decorated with streamers and balloons. They made this spot special for me to sit in under the balloons!




Jeff's family came over for cake and ice cream!



Uncle Jared, Aunt Kay, Claire, Grandpa and Jeff


Allyson, Grammy and Jeff having WAY too much fun dishing up cake and ice cream!







Ninnie, Cassidy and Grandma



Me and my new Wii Fit! I'm excited to use it! Good job Jeff for calling around forever to find someone with it in stock!





Claire (10 months) and Cassidy (7 1/2 months)


Cassidy is a little taller and a few pounds heavier! She has the cutest belly ever (I wish mine was that cute!!)

Rest time


Top to bottom: Abbie, Chloe, Avery, Mason, Caleb




Cassidy LOVING the snow!

The kids were so cute making Snow Angels

Mason


Me, Allyson, Mom, Lindsey


We left Jeff home with the kids on Saturday for a few hours so we could go out to lunch and shop! (Thanks Jeff...you're awesome!) While we were gone Claire fell asleep in her ladybug!

And lucky for him, Abbie, Mason and Caleb fell asleep too!









All the kids before they left this morning.....




....except grumpy Mason who wouldn't get in the picture! But he's pretty cute when he's grumpy!




Abbie, Avery and Chloe in their matching gray suits!





THANKS AGAIN FOR AN AMAZING BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!

12 comments:

emily anderson said...

oh steph...your video had me in tears. i can only imagine how i would feel if my mom or dad showed up on my doorstep.
so sweet.
looks like you had a great weekend!!

Monica Mary said...

I just started crying too! That is the sweetest birthday surprise!

I'm glad you had a great birthday-you deserve it!

Love, Mon

Anne-Marie said...

Awww! That made me cry too! What a great surprise!

Happy Birthday Stef!

April said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is so great!! What a wonderful surprise! I am so happy for you! Looks like you guys had a blast!!! Yeah for you!

Happy Birthday Stef!!

Ruthie said...

Happy Birthday! What an awesome surprise, sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Mary said...

I almost started crying too!! I'm going to miss my mom SO much when we moved back to Cali. I LOVE having her 2 hours away....really I'd rather her be 2 minutes away but I'm lucky being in the military and being THAT close. Aw, I am so excited for you!! I'm glad your birthday was awesome, you deserve it!!

jen said...

Happy Birthday stef!!!! What a fun surprise!!!

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, you think Publisher's Clearing House is better than us??? Do you even know those guys? Maybe they're total jerks... What the heck!!

Stefany said...

It's not necessarily the people, it's that big old check they hold when they knock on the door....and the balloons are cool too! You should have come with balloons! haha! I'm kidding! Of course I'd rather have you guys there!!!!

Stefany said...

Who wrote that anyway? Mom or Lindsey?

Grammy said...

Lindsey said it.

Anonymous said...

hi aunt stefany
happy b-day
i missed you
when you didn't
come out for
christmas. when
are you coming out.

love,
kali