Thursday, January 17, 2008

4-H

I have to say that there is almost nothing worse than seeing your kid totally disappointed and sad and not being able to do anything about it. At Chloe's school, they have 2 sessions of 4-H afterschool....one for the first half of the year, and one for the second half. She went to 4-H on Wednesdays last semester and absolutely LOVED it. She was so bummed when the 10 weeks was up (she went on Wednesdays) and was super pumped and excited for it to start again. I signed her up last week on sign-up day and they said that it was full, but they'd try to squeeze her in. So I never heard anything so I figured she could go and she was so happy to go yesterday. Well, I went in the office when I took her to Kindergarten, just to make sure, only to find out that they would not let her in. They said there was no way. I totally had a lump in my throat and was dreading telling Chloe, because I knew how upset she would be. I had no idea the class filled up so fast, or I would have gone in earlier in the day to sign her up. SO I went and grabbed Chloe out of class and told her and of course she started crying. Chloe's friend, Olivia, was in the same situation. They were the next two to get in, but neither one did. They were heartbroken. Olivia had even worn her 4-H shirt to school. So Wendy, Olivia's mom, and I decided that we'll do something fun together on Wednesdays. Yesterday, they came over and I made cupcakes for them to decorate. They had a lot of fun, and I think doing this will be fun for them and help them get over the fact that they can't do 4-H. Here are some pics....


Chloe and Olivia

Frosting face Olivia!


Caleb and Isaac (Olivia's little bro that is the same age as Caleb.)

4 comments:

Allyson said...

Poor Chloe-that's too bad. What a good way to make lemonade when you were given lemons. :) You're good at that. They will have a blast on Wednesdays!

Pretty crazy how much those 2 look alike! And the boys, too, kinda. They are all pretty cute!

Kaisa Bailey said...

I feel bad for Chloe! Anyway, I am so sorry I missed your birthday yesterday! Happy Be-lated birthday!!!! It was Marc's birthday yesterday too, so it was a little crazy, but I didn't forget!

April said...

Okay... Olivia and Chloe could be twins! They are so cute!!! Hope she is doing better. That's sad.

Andrea Wiseman said...

Um-clearly my period is coming cause I was tearing up reading that. Um yeah I missed your b-day-It's the same as my mom's! I was in Vegas celebrating Natalie's b-day (the 17th). I bought one of those perpetual calendars for birthdays-I think I might fill it out and actually use it-