Friday, August 29, 2008


Sorry for the nasty pictures of my half white half tan leg!!!


Just thought I'd share my beautiful, sexy leg with you all! These are my bruises
from physical therapy. Many of you know I've been training for a half marathon. Well on my long runs, my right knee really started hurting. I made it most the way through my 10 and 11 mile runs and it just hurt the last couple miles and afterwards. Then a couple Saturdays ago, I had my 12 mile run. I only made it 3 miles before it started hurting. So I walked for about 30 seconds or so and it felt better so I started running again. After about another mile I had to walk again. It went like that for a while until it got to the point where it hurt bad to even walk. I finished the whole 12 miles but was in pain. I was SO frustrated. I've worked so hard to get to this point and I'm so close to my goal. So I went to a sports physical therapist. I guess it's my IT band. There is a treatment called astym (go to the patient's section at the bottom to watch a short video) that he is certified to do. Basically he scrapes my whole leg with special tools and it hurts SOOOOO bad. I have such a hard time going back and sitting still while he does it. It's supposed to stimulate an inflammatory reaction and make my leg heal properly. I don't totally get it, but I've totally put my trust in him that it's going to work. I've had to take a break from running the past couple weeks. During this week I've done a few 2-3.5 mile runs on the treadmill at the gym and my knee has been fine. He assures me that I'll be able to run the half marathon (only 8 days away) and finish. He said it may not be totally pain free, but I'll be able to do it!! I hope so. Meanwhile, I get to go twice a week and get my leg scraped and have these beautiful bruises all over!!!

7 comments:

Monica Mary said...

Your amazing. I would have quit by now for sure!

Allyson said...

I had no idea you went twice a week! Yikes! I thought it would be every once in a while. Good luck w/ that! Nice legs, but the way...you are so toned!

Anonymous said...

POOR Stef...That looks like it hurts. You need to take it easy. I know how much the marathon means a lot to you but don't do push it. Take care of yourself and that leg. Good luck.

love,
gma

Lindsay said...

you are nuts! I would have thrown in the towel. That is some dedication. Were you flexing in that picture? :) Check out them legs!!!

Stefany said...

Of course I wasn't flexing...that's how they look totally just standing there!!

Actually, I wasn't trying to flex, but I was holding my leg up on a table, so I guess kind of!!! :)

Jen said...

All things considered...you have got some HOT legs sister!!!!! Holy cow I wish mine looked like that!!! I saw the video a few posts back where Claire is talking and she is SOOOOO stinkin cute =).

April said...

Those are some nice, flexed legs you got there!!! I wish mine looked liked that... all toned and buff! i still can't believe that you are running that much! Way to go!! I hope your bruises are feeling better! Chloe looks so cute in her school outfit!