Friday, August 1, 2008

Goodbye...

to our next door neighbors! They moved yesterday. Chloe and Caleb have spent many hours playing with Mariah and Luke. Our backyards are connected with no fence so they would often j
ust knock on the back door instead of the front. Several times I'd hear a knock and nobody would be at the front door, then I'd hear it again and it was the back door! Chloe and Caleb are sad to see them go, as am I because I've become really good friends with Liz, their mom. It's always sad to say goodbye to good neighbors, but we're excited for them and their new house. Hopefully our new neighbors will be as good as they were!!!

Caleb, Mariah, Chloe and Luke


Dancing outside together! They had a few late nights playing outside while their parents were packing up and getting their new house ready.....our kids totally lucked out, they never get to play outside after 8. A couple nights they were out til after 9!!

If you're wondering why Chloe is wearing that silly outfit it's because she's Clo-mo. Her penguin identity. Have your kids discovered CLUB PENGUIN? My kids were introduced to it by Kyler, their cousin, last time we were in California and they are totally hooked. The last couple mornings, Caleb has gotten up and the first thing he says is, "Can I play Club Penguin?" They can play without actually being a member, which costs $60 a year. But there are a few things they can't do without being a member. One of them is buy super hero clothes for their penguin. Every day I hear, "I so want to be a member." I told Caleb we don't have enough money to be a member (I'm not wasting $60 on that!) so he thought when Jeff got home from work we would have enough...sorry Caleb!

So now they have expanded their Club Penguin game to outside, and now they are the penguins. They set up little "rooms" and "games" just like on Club Penguin, and they all have penguin names...Chloe is Clo-mo and Caleb is Calebbuddy! It's actually pretty cute to watch! Anyway, that's what they were playing in the pics.

So thanks to all the Club Penguin inventors for giving my kids another reason to sit in front of the computer!! (It's actually kind of nice when I need to get things done....I'm such a good mom...really!)

4 comments:

Monica Mary said...

Haven't you heard of the seven year itch???

April said...

I'll have to check it out... is it like webkinz... my kids like that.

Claire is such a cutie and growing into a little person.

Mary said...

SAD!! We know all too well about moving and leaving friends!! It doesn't get any easier no matter how many times you do it!! : (

Liz said...

Awww, those were good times. We miss you guys.