Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A whole year!

It's been a year today since we moved to Utah! I can't believe how fast that went by. A couple people told me that it takes a good year to year and a half before they loved it here...I'm still waiting to really love it! :) I like it, but it'd probably be better to ask me on a day where there isn't still snow everywhere and the forecast for Thursday-Tuesday is not SNOW!!! The snow is very pretty though. I love looking out in the morning when it has snowed all night and seeing the perfectly smooth snow on the ground and on the branches of trees...BUT I am still not a fan of the freezing cold temperatures. Highs in the 30's is WAY too cold! (That's just how cold it's been so far, last year there were a couple days where the highs were single digits....brrrr!) We are really liking our new ward. We have gotten involved pretty quickly...we're speaking this Sunday, I got a calling last Sunday and Jeff will get one this coming week. We're excited to really feel part of the ward and getting to know everyone. We love our new house and have great neighbors. It's fun for the kids to have kids next door to play with all the time. They love it. Jeff is loving his job at XanGo. It's a great, fun environment and he finally has a guy for a boss....way less emotional! He has gained a lot of great experience professionally working here. It is still really weird for me that this baby will be born in Utah (I'm already 6 months along..wow). I never thought that would happen. Kind of cool that we'll have her at the same hospital that Jeff was born at...I just always thought all of my kids would be "from" California...like me! I still miss California and everyone there as much as in the beginning. But I know that this decision was right for us and I've learned a lot since being here.

8 comments:

Allyson said...

A whole year! Wow, that's crazy. Well we sure miss you guys. When are you planning your next visit? Before baby Ally is born?

Monica Mary said...

It took me 2 years to love it! And the highs this week are in the 40's...not the 30's. Can you tell I am getting a little defensive??? :) Is Ally the name you are choosing?

Stefany said...

No, we're not choosing Ally....just wishful thinking for her (my sister Allyson)!! We still have no clue about a name.

I think it has been a little colder here than in Salt Lake. Not much, but enough to where our highs in Spanish Fork were in the 30's for a couple days this weekend....and by this Friday or Saturday, the highs are in the 30's again!!! Still...41 or 39 is REALLY cold for a high for me! :)

The DeGraff 7 said...

Oh boy Steph,
You remind me SO much of the days I spent in frigid NORTH Idaho (people always think Boise or Rexburg when I say Idaho)we were just 30 miles from Canada and it was SO arctic there. It has been really weird latley with our weather here for Todd and I. This is our 4th Christmas back in Cali. and I am FINALLY begining to long for a white Christmas again. I was in Idaho for 7 Christmas's and I remember longing for the 60-70 degree weather my family here in Cali. had. Just try and enjoy those peacefull snowy mornings and all the powder sprinkled everywhere. We sure don't have that here. And while it is VERY luxurious to have the weather we have here, it can be rather boring. There simply aren't any real seaonal lines here. It all seems to blend together. I know, it's easy for me to say this because I am not living in the 30 degree weather (when we were in ID it was closer to 15-19 degrees... on a warm day)Just think of our miserable scorching summers here in Sac. and that will help you feel a lil' better :)

April said...

Man, time has passed fast! I can't believe that it has been a year!

So, what names are on your list for your new little one? Do you have a belly yet or am I going to look HUGE next to skinny, pregnant Stef at Christmas? :)

Stefany said...

I'm definitely getting a belly now! You can kind of see it in the Apple Hill pictures! And whatever...you're totally skinny pregnant April in that picture on your blog!
We don't have many names...actually none! We need to discuss and think about that!

emily anderson said...

glad to hear you're doing well! and i hear ya about the snow and the cold weather...it's snowing today! florida is looking mighty nice right now :)

April said...

That picture on my blog Stef is deceiving... That is why I used it! heehee! I am much bigger now!

We'll have to plan a day to go out on a double date when you're here.