Monday, December 10, 2007

Busy Sunday

Sunday was a busy day for us. First, Jeff had to go meet with the Bishop for a new calling. He was called to be the Young Men's Secretary. That will be good for him, he's never been in Young Men's before, except for working with them as a Bishopric member. I got called to be Laurel advisor (teaching 16-18 year old girls on Sunday) and I'm really excited about it. There are a really good group of girls, I think there are 19 total! Jeff said that Young Women's is my life long calling, which it kind of seems like. But I love it!
Then we all got to speak in Sacrament Meeting. Chloe wrote her own talk all by herself (she told me word for word what to type), then gave it in Sacrament Meeting all by herself. She did an awesome job. Jeff and I spoke about Christmas! It went really well. We've both given so many talks lately that I don't really mind it, I actually kind of like it.....is that weird? Caleb could have given a talk, but he decuded not to...we'll give him a year or two. But he did sit up on the stand with us and gave his own different kind of talk. When the sacrament was being passed, Chloe took the cup of water next to mine (Caleb always takes the one right next to the one I took), so he got upset and wouldn't take one. We waited a little bit, but he refused, so we gave it back to the boy passing it and Caleb got so mad and cried really loud saying, "That wasn't very nice Mommy. That wasn't very nice for you to give it back!" while we were sitting up on the stand, so Jeff took him out. When the Bishopric member that was conducting stood up he said, "We've had the opportunity to hear from Caleb, and now we'll get to hear from Chloe...." Kind of embarrassing that he did that, especially since he was telling me how not nice I was, but I guess it was funny too.
We went to a stake Christmas sing a long program that was really good. I love Christmas music!

3 comments:

April said...

That is soooo funny! Caleb is such a cute boy! Well, I am sure no one thought twice about it. That is so neat that Chole was able to talk in Sacrament meeting. Do they do that much? I have never seen a child get up there except for their testimony... I am sure you and Jeff did a great job! You always do! Congrats on the callings. That is exciting!

Allyson said...

It's a good story at least. :) Isn't he cute? I would have laughed if I could've seen it.

Allyson said...

It's a good story at least. :) Isn't he cute? I would have laughed if I could've seen it.