Sunday, December 2, 2007

A fun busy day




Chloe being silly


We started off the day with a visit to Santa at the mall!!



Then the kids took a ride on the train at the mall. It goes around where Santa sits!



Then we got our Christmas tree. It was totally snowing and freezing. Chloe was fine, but Caleb is kind of a wimp in the cold weather...needless to say, it wasn't quite the experience we had at Apple Hill. It was more like, "That one looks good, tell them we want it...I'm taking the kids to the car!"


Jeff bringing the tree in. I love it...our whole house smells like a Christmas Tree!


And mom, we got a Noble Fir...HA!!!



Then Jeff went out and shoveled the snow off the driveway and walkways. It snowed a ton....like 6 inches or so. Our street is still completely ice packed. We live on a small street that nobody realy goes on unless they live there, so basically it probably won't get plowed very often. I found myself asking Jeff more than once yesterday and today, "Are you sure we want to live in Utah?"

The kids got their jammies on and we turned the fire on and warmed up. Then of course, the BYU v. San Diego game....and they won again! Then the ward Christmas party. We really didn't feel like going, but I had signed up to bring treats, so I just took Chloe. And that was our day!!




2 comments:

April said...

The kids are getting so big. Caleb is really turning into an older boy. I love the pictures of all the snow... how fun. We don't even have rain here yet... very boring.

That is great that you guys got a real tree. We opted for the fake this year from Costco and I have to say I love it. I just bought a real wreath that gives us the tree smell. But I do miss picking it out as a family.

Kari said...

Sounds like it was a great day to get you in the Christmas mood! I love this time of year and doing things like that. You did a nice job documenting it, too! I am always so worried about taking enough pictures of everything. Seriously, Stef, "are you sure you want to live in Utah?" Have fun shoveling that snow!