Thursday, June 11, 2009

HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY CHLOE!!!

I'm about 9 days late posting this! Chloe turned 7 on June 2nd!! She had a super fun day (and i had an extremely busy day). First, she and Caleb had swimming lessons at noon. Then we went by the dollar store to get party favor bag stuff (I wasn't going to do them, but decided very last minute that we should)! Then home to get ready for the party! She wanted a water party with lots of water games! Here's the friend party....


Lots of kids....lots of fun!

Playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey!

Playing "Water, Water, Wet". Same as Duck, Duck, Goose only you use a sponge full of water and tap everyone and say water and when you say wet you squeeze the sponge on that person's head. The kids all loved it!
We had the slip and slides out and they used them for a few minutes but it started to rain and a lot of the kids got wimpy and cold....not Chloe though!! Luckily I had a back-up activity just in case, so they used glitter paint and made foam bookmarks!
The friend party cake! The writing isn't very good because I couldn't find my smaller tip....I found it right after I finished. Oh well!
Obviously a Beach Ball and the brown around the bottom is "sand" (white sugar colored with brown coloring)!


The party was a success and we had a fun time! Thanks to Jeff's mom for coming over and helping me keep everything going!

Jeff was out of town that day and was flying in from DC that night. I made her favorite, tacos, and we had Jeff's fam over for dinner. Then I had to go to a Young Women activity at church and Jeff's brother had a baseball game, so Chloe and Caleb went to the game and I took Claire with me. We got home about 8:30 and then we had to wait for Jeff to get home to do the second round of cake and presents. His flight departed on time but landed an hour late (of course!) so it was a late night. He got home around 10:45!
When Jeff got there, he knocked on the door and had this there for Chloe! Her old bike was getting really small. This one's a little big but once she grows a little, it will be perfect! She LOVES it! She can ride it but just has a hard time starting and stopping by herself.
Opening presents!!!

The second cake! I just threw this one together so it's nothing special!

I'm tired again just thinking about that day!

1 comment:

hansen7coleader said...

Happy Birthday Chloe! Wish we could have been there it looks like so much fun! Stef you'll have to teach me how to make all those awesome cakes someday! My friend use to make cakes like this for her own parties, and now she does it for a business. Maybe some day?