Wednesday, April 1, 2009

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!!

I had fun today...mostly with meals! For breakfast, I put red and blue food coloring in the eggs for Chloe and made PUPRLE eggs. I told to come eat breakfast, and that I made eggs that I got from a purple chicken. She was really grossed out at first (I don't blame her, they didn't look too appetizing), but then she thought it was funny and ate them. I forgot to take a picture!

I told Chloe I gave her POOP for lunch...really just a bag of Cocoa Puffs!

Then we had CUPCAKES for dinner....



The kids were so excited and thought it was cool that we got a cupcake for dinner. Caleb was seriously hilarious. He took one bite of the top and got a disgusted look and spit it out...and was kind of mad at me! LOVED it! Chloe thought it was funny and loved it....to be expected. Chloe will try almost anything...Caleb won't eat anything.

Really it's a mini meatloaf (made with ground turkey) in a cupcake paper, with blue mashed potatoes on top for "frosting"!!

Then for dessert we had HAMBURGERS!!!


Don't they look delicious? And real? They're made with cookies for the buns (I used whole wheat flour to make them look even more real), brownie (made in a cupcake pan) for the burger, coconut colored GREEN for the lettuce, RED frosting for the ketchup and YELLOW frosting for the mustard. I know....really healthy!

Caleb totally didn't trust me at first....I don't know why!! His first reaction was total disappointment, frustration and on the verge of crying when he saw that we were having hamburgers for dessert (I had told them I had a really yummy special dessert for them)! He took a long time to start eating (he's super picky and would never touch a hamburger...or a mini meatloaf with mashed potatoes on top!) He made it all worth it with his reactions! Chloe was fun too because she thought it was really funny and loved everything!


7 comments:

Summer said...

That is so cool! You are pretty creative!!!

Allyson said...

I cannot believe how much effort you went to for that...especially the burgers. They look totally real. Very cool! You are a much more fun mom than me! :)

Grammy said...

That was GREAT!!!! I loved it. You are amazing and such a crack up. Good job, I am proud of you!!!

Love, Mom

Laura Keith said...

You are my idol!

Gleason Family said...

love this idea. I may just steal it from you for next year when my kids "get it" a little more. So funny and very creative!

hansen7coleader said...

That was awesome! I always forget it's April fools, and then I have no plans. I might have to steal those wonderful ideas so fun!

jen said...

stefany you are such a fun mom!!!